This iced Matcha tea lemonade is so refreshing. Especially, with the hot weather starting up.
A few days back I headed out to my local Target and saw a Starbucks ad for Matcha tea everything they offer now. I was so intrigued. I’ve tried Matcha a couple of years back and honestly forgot about it. I’m so glad I bumped into that Starbucks ad or I would’ve never had revisited drinking it again. I love creating a big batch and popping it in a mason jar with a lid and straw. Plus I feel fancy.
Simple Homemade Iced Matcha Tea Lemonade Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of Matcha Powder
- 1/2 cup of Crystal Light Lemonade or homeade lemonade
- 1 packet or teaspoon of Stevia
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup of ice cold water
- In a shaker pour in Matcha powder and ice cold water
- Shake up
- Take mason jar pour in stevia
- Then pour in ice half and lemonade
- Uncover shaker and pour in matcha tea
- Finally pour rest of ice on top
- Recipe for homemade lemonade:
- boil 1/2 cup of water. Place a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of lemon juice squeezed or already prepared.
- This will create a simple syrup type of liquid.
- Then follow rest of steps to finish off recipe
All about Matcha
They have different versions of Matcha you can consume like tea bags but I really enjoy using the powdered version. That way you can put it in your water like tea, your smoothies or even bake with it.
They also have went all the way with using beauty products like face masks, moisturizers, cleansers and body scrubs which also have Matcha. I haven’t tried these but I have linked a bunch of brands I trust that offer Matcha products. You know how I am about skincare.
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a form of green tea. The leaves are made into a powder that’s far stronger than regular tea, so a little can go a long way. Many say it is sweeter than green tea but it has this grass type smell. It is filled with the antioxidants that is healthy and great for your body. It can help with your dental health, lower blood pressure and help with inflammation. Via WebMD
Today I am sharing a super simple homemade Matcha recipe you can make at home in less than 10 minutes. My next suggestion is to try this with sparkling water when I am feeling fancy this Spring and Summer.
Hope you enjoyed this simple Matcha iced tea lemonade. You can pick up Matcha at your health foods store or on Amazon.
Have you ever made homemade Matcha? Will you be trying this recipe?