It’s that time of year when guacamole will remain on repeat. I am so excited. I love anything avocado whereas the rest of my family does not. That means more for me anywho. I had to prepare a ton of Hors d’oeuvres last weekend and thought how simple and easy this recipe is. All you need is 2-3 plantains, avocado or guacamole, and chicken breast. Plus with the Summer coming to this recipe will definitely be a repeat offender.
This recipe is super easy and great when you’re hosting or need something to bring. Also, I love how easy they are to whip up even when I am home and craving something healthy and delicious. I loved making the shrimp version last year.
I was so amazed on how great the chicken came out. It made such a great appetizer and literally, everyone loved them.
Chicken and guacamole plantain bites recipe
- Olive oil
- 1-2 Plantains. Preferably green ones.
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Adobo
- 1/2 of lemon
- Wash chicken and cut into small chunks
- Combine all dry ingredients
- Mix all together
- Squeeze in 1/2 lemon
- Mix all together and set aside to marinade
- Heat in pan olive oil to fry plantains
- Cut ends of plantains off then slice down sides and remove skin of plantain
- Then cut diagonally
- Once oil is hot cook plantains until crispy
- Set aside and in another pan cook chicken breast
- Set out cooked plantains on plate or board
- Then place cooked chicken breast chunks on top of plantain
- Scoop guacamole on top of chicken
- Voila and enjoy