Welcome to that time of year! Cozy indoors, red everything, and shopping. Being on a holiday budget can be difficult when you’re not used to it. Shopping for hosting, gifts and everything in between. It can get pretty expensive I must say. I’ve realized as a Millennial we have it hard especially, as parents. With all that, we all feel like we can’t get it together and it really becomes the most stressful time of the year. That’s why I’m here to encourage you on how to get through a Holiday Budget Challenge. With 10 things to do without breaking the bank.
When you have little ones, the never-ending money spending is always there. Plus the holidays are always a great way to stock up on so much. But then, you get the downfall of having to overspend already with gifts and parties.
Set up a holiday budget
- Set a holiday budget cap: When it comes to holiday gift shopping setting a budget on everyone is the way to go for the most part. That also includes Yankee swap and secret Santa.
- Purchase things that won’t be outgrown too quick. The inlaws always get him clothing. Plus we always go on a cruise every February so gift cards or items that can be taken along on vacation are always a plus.
- Budget and limit Holiday parties: Having to attend holiday parties can get expensive. From gifts, drinks, and food it can get pricey. Plan out where you will be visiting. Decide if you will be there for dessert or the whole meal.
- Make your own coffee at home: Our Keruig died and since I love specialty coffee so much my mother in law figured to gift me an early Christmas present. I officially own my very own K-Café® Single Serve Coffee, Latte & Cappuccino Maker. Saying I was excited was an understatement. Plus in the long run, I will spend less than $4-$6 a day for a caramel macchiato!
- Use rewards apps
- Scan when you are in store: Target’s app allows you to scan instore. Pricing will show any sales which can also reflect online too.
- Look online before just going anywhere. From Amazon, Kohl’s, Target and more.
- Take advantage of those holiday offers.
- Research delivery services.
- Use up those birthday gift cards to purchase gifts or treat yo self.