Now that Spring is officially here and A is at that age where he is running around almost 99% of the time everything is a mess I always need to find something to do when he isn’t in school. Especially when his ADHD can get the best of both of us. Boston is great education city and a great place to explore fashion, adventure, food and travel wise. The hard part is sometimes getting there. We only have one car so doing family things on the weekend is normally what we do. There is public transportation and other things to do also. He is in pre-k only half a day so it makes it easy if I wanted to take him out. It also has many places to bring your kids on a day off school.
There’s also things to do outside Boston in case you get stuck without a vehicle or have no other mommy friends etc. I’ve rounded up my top five list on where to go out and about in and out of Boston
- Boston Children’s Museum: This is a given. Especially for toddlers. They actually have a great dinosaur exhibit I know he will love. The best part is Fridays they have a special called Target (the store) Fridays. It’s only $1 from 5pm to 9pm.
- Plaster Fun Time: Plaster Fun Time is such a cool place for kids. They can paint any sculpture they pick out. Now that my son is in pre-k he thinks he can master the arts of coloring and painting. There are also many places that are similar to Plaster Fun Time that I would definitely check out also.
- Putnam Pantry: Ice cream always gets them. We recently went a couple of weeks back and A loved it. For the most part everything is $10 and under. Always check your local small businesses, you never know. They may offer lower prices compared to big boxed ice cream shops.
- Public Skate: Going to public ice skating can be fun for the little ones. Plus it is free. It doesn’t have to be a just a Winter an activity.
- Local Zoo: Massachusetts has a few zoo’s but their two main zoo’s are Stone Zoo and Franklin Park Zoo. Around the holidays, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day they always have some type of deal going on. Always check out what type of deal your local one is having before purchasing tickets. Sometimes even purchasing online you can get some type of deal as well.
~Spring time is great to just get out there and be active with the little ones. ~