Date nights can be hard to come by when the kids are still young. At times you may even have to have a baby date or you have no sitter which is what happens to me most times. The funny part is when my son was only a few months old we always had a sitter. Isn’t that funny how that works? We would try to get out at least once every two weeks. There’s nothing wrong with that. Sometimes, though you may be looking for some one and one time. Like they always say “Before babies occupied our time 110% we had so much more time”. My son is three and even though we reside with our in laws we still barely get enough time to go on one date per month. Always having that one on one time is great for any relationship. Our last date night was when we went to a Disney with my in laws. They took my son for the night while we hopped over to Epcot.
Personally, it doesn’t always have to be a fancy dinner, gifts or a getaway. Even though our one year anniversary is coming up in two months we do want to plan a weekend away. It’s hard to take any long stays away since the little is still so little. In between only going to pre-k for 2.5 hours mon-fri its hard to really do anything for now. Since becoming a stay at home mom we do what we do best. Budget ourselves. Looking for ways to have even a remotely semi date night would be great once in a while. Here are 10 great Winter date nights you can go on for any budget.
- Wine Tasting: Boston Winery offers wine tasting and tours for $10 per person on Saturday and Sundays. This is a great way to feel out what type of wine drinker you are. You can talk and experience a one on one. Check your nearest winery and see what options they offer.
- Movie: This is always the most typical but, my husband and I normally go see a movie. We are such movie buffs that we love going to the movies. Of course we have a membership to both Showcase Cinemas and AMC Theatres.
- Drive In: Going to a drive in is the most beneficial. Last Summer we attended Mendon Twin Drivein. It costs $25 per car and you are able to catch two movies for that price. You can bring in your own goodies too. They offer food and drinks which is a plus in case you don’t bring your own. It also makes a great baby date. I’m always trying to find toddler friendly things to do. If all else fails and you bring your little ones and they fall asleep it’s not such a hassle.
- Cooking Classes: These are always great. Its all about team work. Groupon always has a great options.
- Work out: This can be a fun activity to do together. Taking a yoga or boot camp class is always fun.
- Dinner: Also another cliche date night. Who doesn’t love food. Groupon is another option to use Getting a sitter and having a cooked meal in is a great option for paying less.
- Museum: Museums can have great things to conversation and learn about.
- Shopping: This may seem like a task. But, it can be a fun activity. Getting the opinion of your spouse can uplift yourself. Weekend sales are also a hit.
- Ice Skating: Every state is different. Outside skating is a romantic twist. If you can’t find an outside rink plenty of cities offer public skating. Market Street in Lynnfield offers public skate from Nov-Feb. Boston Frog Pond offers plenty of options. College night, birthday parties, skate lessons. They also offer a proposal/engagement package. City Hall Plaza opened up Boston Winter last month. There is a dj, drinks and kids can even skate with a cartoon character on Saturday mornings.
- Fruit Picking: Every season is different but it’s a great bonding experience. Also if it has to be a baby date you can bring any little ones along.