Happy one year.
June 8th 2016 Thrifty Haute Mom was born. It first started as a deal blog but then I realized that wasn’t the direction I wanted it to go. I love deals don’t get me wrong but I’m more of a fashion/ sales deal hunter. Fashion has always been something I was passionate about one way or another. Even if I didn’t make a career out of it.
Some may get the misconception of this blog and my name. This isn’t a coupon blog hence the first word of my brand Thrifty. Thrifty for more of the budget aspect. Budget style, beauty and travel. Keeping it in style during motherhood and beyond even if you are on a budget.
Haute for the meaning Haute Couture. In my meaning living a more sustainable lifestyle. Splurging where it’s needed. You can look, live and travel and not being a couponer or a thrift shopper. I’m more of a sale shopper. I still shop at Target , TJ MAXX and recently discovered the online sales of Nordstrom thanks to the blogging community. My two ultimate faves are still Jane and Groopdealz. If you love small brands and boutiques they are your ultimate go to’s. They have the best sales on the best trends. Plus I want this blog to mold into more of a lifestyle site.
When I first started this blog I was a working mom. I chose to become a stay at home mom when my son was starting part time pre-k as I was working nights at the time. Being a stay at home mom is a completely different ball game than being a working mom. I should know. I’ve done both. But I wouldn’t change it for the world. Being stuck at a job I hated was the worst and I literally brought it home.
After I started the whole stay at home routine I realized I had no time for anything prior when I was working. For someone who had a child, not shaming anyone at all but that really stinks. That is something I wanted to change.
When you can only work a specific schedule because the cost of living and day care is over 1k a month your stuck working an evening job that makes no sense.
From then on I have been determined to make this small hub of a blog of mine part time – full time gig. I know it will take time but I’ll get there. ????I’m going into my second year. I want others to take something from visiting this blog.
Style, trends, reviews, shopping guides, travel go to’s and reviews, places to shop, live & eat not just in Massachusetts but even around the country or world if it may and just MOM STYLE. I will try as much as I can to provide the best sales. From time to time I will though may include expensive items. Not because of price but because over time it will benefit myself and you guys as my reader.
One thing I noticed myself steering away from was fashion / sale seeking related items. This past Winter I started to feel a bit self conscious about myself being in front of the camera because of my weight so I put a lot of the fashion content on hold from being on a weight gain rut due to my PCOS aside from any guides. I wanted this blog to be about my fashion sense after having a baby and how it has changed for the better and my parenting.
With a little guidance I feel so much better and I’m losing the weight. I’m out of that rut. I can get back to my old me. Yay for me.
I just figured I wasn’t giving my full 100 at the time. I have officially overcome that battle and one thing that I will be adding more to this blog will be frugal and budget fashion hence Thrifty Haute Mom.
This is one of the sole purposes of the blog so this is definitely what I will be adding to the blog. If you have been following me since the start I have been featuring myself more in front of the camera instead of behind the scenes less than normal.
It’s only been a year and I’ve already worked a few brands I’ve never thought I would work with. I know it takes years for bloggers to consistently earn a full time income but I do feel a small success. I know it will take time as I am a woman game. One thing I will admit is I will from now on not post any blog, social media, Instagram story etc if I feel it does not fit my very own brand.
A few things I will say I would have changed during my first year would have been.
- Actually launched my blog instead of doing it on a whim
- Built up at least one social media platform. I did not and am building up my social media now.
- Honed on into a specific niche. Yes lifestyle and even a mom blog can have different content but they still have their own niche.
- Been more consistent with content.
- Plan my content.
- Stop comparing myself to other bloggers. When I started looking at other seasoned bloggers’ I couldn’t help how self conscious I would be about how they were getting accepted to campaigns, how their pictures looked, how glam their own blogs looked or their social numbers were. I do follow a few bloggers that I compare myself into the same niche like Style Grace Lace , A Slice Of Style , That Chic Mom , Logan Can
A few things I will do on my second year
- Work better on my photography
- Attend more events
- Work with more brands
- Be more in front of the camera and use my sale finding skills for other moms to find fashion, beauty, parenting and travel trends
- Write about what I want to write about
- Not accept any sponsorship’s that aren’t geared towards my own brand. If it doesn’t fit my niche I won’t accept not matter how much I am offered.
- Keep on a schedule
- Keep up with a newsletter
Now to see what’s in store for the coming year