I recently made the decision and had my first microblading experience. I’m so glad I did because I’ve become so self-conscious when it came to my eyebrows, over the last couple of years. I’m no beauty enthusiast so my eyebrows never officially would come out flawless when filling them in. That is why I officially made the decision to microblade my eyebrows a couple weeks back. Plus this is what I consider the ultimate self-care option for myself. Plus I never spend anything on myself that has been more than $50.
Before (I even had my eyebrows filled in) & After From My 1st Microblading Session At Laser Aesthetic & Spa in Methuen, Ma.
What is microblading?
- Microblading is a temporary makeup tattoo technique designed to fill in sparse looking eyebrows. The process involves carefully reshaping the eyebrows by drawing on fine, thin, color-matching lines. These lines end up looking like natural individual hairs that are virtually impossible to spot unless hunting for them. The entire process is done using a fine, hand-held tool and is only wielded by professionals (such as the ones here at Laser Aesthetic) which means you can rest assured knowing that your eyebrows are going to look beautiful, natural, and most importantly symmetric. Via Laser Aesthetic Website
- You also can take the option of making it permanent if you love it.
- The cost is normally for 2 sessions. The initial and the 6-week fill in.
Choosing Microblading As An Option
Now, microblading isn’t for everyone. In between the cost and having to maintain later on is something to think about. The cost can differ from different places. The salon I went to was having an amazing offer during the month of May for 50% off the regular pricing. I made sure I sought out the right salon for me and went for a consult. It took almost a year before I made the official decision. During the initial consult, I asked so many questions and so glad I did. Now, microblading isn’t a one and done like many think. It’s also something you really need to think about when it comes to your appearance.
- They match the best color for you. I went a tad bit darker just because the shade lighter wasn’t sticking because my hair color gets lighter in the Summer due to the sun. Once Fall and Winter get here it goes back to a darker brown. If you are someone who like to dye their hair frequently than it’s probably not the best option for you.
- It’s semi tattoo and use a real blade so it does hurt and you do bleed. Your eye area is more sensitive which is why you can bleed but the bleeding doesn’t last long.
- You still need to wax or pluck your brows if you want a cleaner look. But, you will also get your brows looking upright that if they are a bit a mess you won’t notice it much. You can tell a difference between my before and after pic.
What to expect during your first session
It’s similar to getting a tattoo. The upside is that they numb you with lidocaine. They will offer another type of anesthetic if you are allergic which you go over prior to getting the procedure done. My mom had said she wanted to get hers done since she sat through my whole procedure with me. She isn’t one to deal with pain so the artist had said they can give you something stronger if needed.
After being numbed, the procedure lasted about an hour. You pick the shape and pigment for the most part. It feels like someone is scraping your brows. It doesn’t hurt when they actually end up placing the pigment on the brow. My right side didn’t take as long as the left side.
One upside about getting microblading done is the scar underneath my left brow. You can see how now they match up. Before not so much. As a kid and having chicken pox I ended up with a scar underneath which completely rid some of my hairs. Which, is why filling in my brows never matched up for me; since I was missing part of my hairs.
Once the session is finished
You will be sore and swollen. Not to the point where it’s super noticeable but you can definitely feel it. Some artists give you a cream to place on your brows. You can also use A&D cream or any post tattoo cream.
You may notice scabbing which is normal. Just like any tattoo, you may get. Also, you see what may look like; the pigment fading. In between the pigment settling in and scabbing it may look like this since it is semi-permanent. That is why you go for a 2nd session 6 weeks later.
My microblading artist also gave me the image below so I know what to expect.
Make sure you opt for the 2nd session.
I’ve seen on Groupon where they have two options. Full session or Full session with 6 week touch up. Make sure you know what you are getting when scheduling your appointment if to choose.
Microblading seems to be one of the newest advancements of the beauty industry and honestly, I am so glad. I feel so confident that my eyebrows are the same width and length. Not to mention they look natural.
Like I said earlier I’m in love with my results so far. I’ll be doing a follow up for my six weeks.
You can also check my Microblading Highlight On Instagram for the full experience.