Thank you, Shein for gifting some items in this post for this modern love quote post. Read my Disclaimer Page for more info.
Love is literally in the air this week and I love it. When you have littles, a family and marriage Valentine’s Day become just any other day. At the same time you can’t help but still celebrate it every year. Having a reminder isn’t a bad thing though. I’ve always been a sucker for Valentine’s Day and inspirational love quotes. I rounded up my top 10 faves.
Top 10 Favorite Love Quotes
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” — The Notebook (My fave)
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” — Victor Hugo
- “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.” — Leo Tolstoy
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” — Angelita Lim
- “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.” — Woody Allen
- “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” ― Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper (My second fave)
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
- “I wish I could turn back the clock. I’d find you sooner and love you longer.”
- “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.”
– Nicholas Sparks
- “Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes.”
– Nicholas Sparks