This post is intended for an audience of adults age 21 and older. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SutterHomeSweetOnSpice #CollectiveBias
These Easy Spicy Shrimp Avocado Plantains are so easy to make. They take under 30 minutes to make, have a little spice to them and are great for the Summer season. Plantains topped with spicy shrimp and avocado and/ or guacamole. Plus they are so addicting. Who doesn’t love guacamole?
Easy Spicy Summer Appetizer: Shrimp Avocado Plantains
As a millennial Latina, I was brought up to entertain during any time of year. Even if it is for a home visit. You always make sure you put out the best appetizers to pair with anything. I loved how easy these were to make so if you don’t have that much time these would be a perfect mix. Especially, with Summer right around the corner. You don’t want to spend the whole day or evening cooking in the kitchen.
Sutter Home Wines
These shrimp avocado plantains pair so well with Sutter Home Moscato. It’s sweet and not so dry like some other brands. It goes down so well when you are enjoying this appetizer. Did you know that Sutter Home is a family owned and award-winning wine? Plus they’re sold at an affordable price. Something you don’t want to worry about when you are holding a get-together. Plus since they are so affordable you can always stock up for those spontaneous visitors you may have. Since this appetizer is spicy what more goes better? Sweet Moscato and a spicy delicatessen.
Plantain Recipe Tutorial:
First, you want to make sure you wash 10-20 cooked shrimp If you get medium sized shrimp then you just need 8. You can use fresh or frozen. Once they are all washed marinating them is one of the most important parts. The biggest part of this recipe is the spicy shrimp. You want to use 1-2 tablespoons of hot sauce. If you don’t want them as spicy you can also use buffalo sauce. You also want to add a pinch of salt and pepper for taste and 1 teaspoon of cumin. Let sit to marinate while you are cooking the plantains.
You will need 2 plantains and cut them diagonally and fry them. Using non-ripe plantains work best but you can also let them sit for a day to get ripe if you like sweet plantains. Once they’re fried let them sit on a plate to cool down. You can use guacamole or just slice up an avocado into pieces and top onto the plantains.
Finally, you top the spicy shrimp and voila.
- 10-20 pieces of cooked shrimp
- 1-2 tablespoons of hot sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons buffalo sauce (if you want it to be less spicy you can use buffalo sauce)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1-2 avocados (you can use guacamole or just cut up avocados)
- Cilantro to top as garnish if needed
- Wash 10-20 cooked shrimp
- Season shrimp with: 1-2 tablespoons of hot sauce. If you don’t want them as spicy you can also use 1-2 tablespoons of buffalo sauce.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper for taste.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Let sit to marinate while you are cooking the plantains.
- Cut two plantains diagonally
- Fry in oil
- Let them sit on a plate to cool down.
- You can use guacamole or just slice up an avocado into pieces and top onto the plantains.
- Top shrimp on avocado
- Add cilantro for garnish if needed