2018 flashed by so quick. I can’t believe this year is just about done and 2019 will be here. It was feeled with defeat, changes in my lifestyle, laughter, love and everything in between. I made changes that I hope you guys have enjoyed like rebranded into jalisaharris.com and became more of a Millennial Boston based Mom lifestyle blog instead of more of a mommy blog.
I took you guys on quite a journey with me in 2018. From diving more into PCOS, easy recipes, cleaner beauty and even following our trips like A’s first cruise and even our latest trip to Orlando, Florida. The past few weeks have been so busy with the holidays and finding out we are moving 2 weeks into January right before our annual family Superbowl cruise in February.
To start off 2018 began with me taking care of my PCOS symptoms. This is still a recurring lifestyle that has taken over after A was born. This year I have prepared myself to get my body baby ready. I’m still aiming to lose 30-50 pounds beforehand so every day can feel like a struggle but I am getting there.
Then A started Kindergarten which made me feel like I was losing my baby but I know him growing up means my life as a mom is just wanted I’ve been wanting. It’s been so much fun watching his personality grow each day.
I graduated with my Bachelor’s degree in PR/Communications and it has been such an accomplishment.
I decided to dive more into healthier and easy recipes we can all relate to. Especially, when it comes to our fave. COFFEE!
I have some great things in store for this little blog in 2019 and we can’t wait to share them with ya’ll.
Below I’m sharing my top posts of 2018, biggest accomplishments, and a reader survey!
Top Posts Of 2018
- How to clean your white Converse: This has been one of my most popular posts for more than 2 years.
- Best morning routine
- How we’re keeping in good health
2018 Blog Accomplishment
2018 was full of soul searching and deciding how to grow this brand. I wanted to create a community that are Millennials who are looking to live a simple lifestyle.
- In 2018 I started doing more collaborations but also not take ones just to take them. I want to create more of a voice for other Millennials especially ones that are moms.
- Being able to travel and increase my photography which in turn helps this brand.
- Rebranding into what more of what I want to speak about. Living a simple life with simple, style as a mom, simple recipes and clean beauty.
- Hitting 10k followers on Instagram.
- Switching to a mail client instead of Jetpack sending out every post
- Writing for a national publication like We Are Mi Tu an online Hispanic magazine.
- Forming long-term partnerships: I want to work long-term to create better content and provide you with products that I love.
- Hitting 15k-20k on Instagram
- Creating more of an Instagram community
- Diving into video for my travel and food posting
- Getting more emails out to guys
- Not comparing myself to others. I had that huge problem when first starting out. Over the last 6 months, I worked on myself as a blogger and has helped me tremendously.
I’ve created a reader survey for all you. I would love for you to fill out my 2018 reader survey so I can hear more about what you guys are interested in.